Week of June 21, 2020
Brothers and Sisters Who Have Fallen Asleep in the Hope of the Resurrection since March 22, 2020 (link).
Phase 3 of the Directives for Reopening Churches
Just as a reminder that the Phase Three of the Directives for Re-opening Churches begins this Sunday, June 21, 2020.
This is the 12th Sunday in Ordinary Time and includes the Vigil Mass on Saturday, June 20th, 2020.
Phase Three continues the dispensation from the Sunday obligation and Easter Duty, all celebrations permitted in Phase Two and extends the celebration of public Mass to Sundays with all directives in force.
The number of participants for all liturgies remains at 25% of the churches capacity or 50 participants in total, whichever number is lower.
We remind you of the following important information:
• Please remember to take your temperature at home before coming to church, if you are sick, sneezing, coughing etc. you should remain home.
• The faithful are to enter the main front doors of the church where hand sanitizer will be offered to you.
• Masks are to be worn throughout the entire Mass. Only to be removes briefly to receive Holy Communion.
• Please remember to socially distance yourself in pews if you are attending alone – sit alone – couples or families from the same household may sit together .
• Since we are not allowed to pass the offertory collection you may drop your offertory into any of the candle boxes or the offering box in the center isle. We encourage you to join parish giving and your offering will automatically be deposited into the church account. Many of our parishioners have been charging their offerings on the credit cards and receiving reward points.
• There will be no offertory procession.
• During the sign of peace please avoid shaking hands a simple nod will pass on your peace to the next person.
• During Holy Communion time we remind you not to pile close to each other in line. Hold your hand out to receive the Eucharist – step aside and remove your mask to receive and return to your place.
• At the end of Mass we remind you to use the exit closest to where you are sitting all doors will be open. Please do not bottle neck down the center isles.
• If you cannot attend Mass there are many Masses offered virtually throughout the day and those Masses count and even though you are not physically receiving Holy Communion by participating virtually you are making a spiritual Communion which counts. What is important is that we all remain safe.
• Our heavenly Father hears all of our prayers and answers them according to our needs!
We thank you for your patience and understanding and we welcome you back home to worship together. GOD BLESS YOU AND KEEP YOU SAFE!!!
Until further notice:
- There will be no prayer materials in the pews: missalettes, song books, etc.
- There are no weekday 7:00 AM Mass Intentions. Intentions for the 7:00 AM Mass will be celebrated at the 8:45 AM Mass in the church.
- The church will be open for private prayer daily until 11:00 AM.
- There will be no First Friday Adoration.
- There will be no novenas.
Opening of the 2021 Mass Book
On Wednesday, June 24th, 2020, we will officially open the 2021 Mass Book – from 9:00AM to 2:00PM. This will take place on the Parish Center Deck. We ask for your patience with the Social distancing. Please remember to wear your mask. If the weather becomes too hot we may extend the time for the next day.
Good Shepherd Academy News
New Family Registration
New Family Registration is ongoing. If you are in the process of deciding on the best education for your child, GSA invites you to consider our school as one of your options. Please visit our website, www.gsanutley.org, to learn more about what we have to offer and sign up for a virtual or in-person tour.
We are proud to say that Good Shepherd Academy has been named a Middle States Accredited Catholic Academy. We are looking forward to seeing you at GSA! Kindly RSVP email@example.com or call 973-667-2049, x-103
Something New is Coming to Little Lambs!
We are pleased to announce that beginning in September 2020, we will be expanding our program to include half and partial week options. We offer full and half day programs for PreK-3 and PreK-4; inquire within to see what fits your child’s needs. Only 4 spots remain! Call Melissa Miskell at 973-667-2049 ext. 103 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and to schedule a tour.
Mass Intentions and Memorials
Twelfth Sunday in Ordinary Time
Saturday & Sunday, June 20/21
5:30 PM & 7:00 PM
8:00 & 10:00 AM, 12:00 Noon, 7:00 PM
All Masses Celebrated for Fathers
Living & Deceased
Monday, June 22
Karen Flynn…Vincent & Anita Flynn
Santina & Oreste Caruso…Maria Testa
Tuesday, June 23
Mae Powell…Antoinette Lombardi
Theresa Verrengia…Rose Marino
Solemnity of the Nativity of St. John the Baptist
Wednesday, June 24
Phyllis Shambo…Elizabeth Cook
Rosa Claudio-Battista…Edith Sanchez
Thursday, June 25
David Scalcione…Melinda & Pietro Papaccio
Antoinette Palmieri…Antoinette Lombardi
Friday, June 26
Sadie Kosinski…Barbara Garruto
Maddalena Silvestri…Giacometti Family
Saturday, June 27 (Weekday)
8:45 AM – Special Remembrance Mass
Florence & Salvatore Bursese
Joseph Mezzatesta, Sr.
Thirteenth Sunday in Ordinary Time
Saturday, June 27
Anthony, Catherine & Mark Lopardo…Lynn
Annunziata Nari…Anna Senatore
Sunday, June 28
Christine, James & Jimmy Fusaro…Catherine Parigi
Marie & John Motti…Joann & Vito Scarpelli
Catherine Pigninelli…Marisa & Marc Sinclair
Mother Cabrini Chapel Lamp
Nunzio Papaccio…Mom & Dad
Anthony & Mark Lopardo…Family
The Sanctuary Lamp in the Church, Chapel, Convent and Rectory, Altar Candles, Altar Bread, & Altar Wine, as well as Altar Flowers are our weekly memorials. The donation for each Sanctuary Lamp and Altar Candles are $10. The donation for Altar Bread or Altar Wine is $15. The donation for Flowers on the Altar of the Blessed Virgin or Saint Joseph is $45.
If you wish to order a candle in Our Lady of Sorrows Chapel, or if you wish to renew your candle, please fill in the information below and submit to the rectory with your check, paid to the order of Holy Family, in the amount of $100. Inscription on the candle: (Limit 20 characters per line; limit 2 lines).
Please call the rectory at 973-667-0026 to reserve any of the above.
The beautiful shot of the Parish Campus for our Bulletin Page courtesy of our very own, Joe Polillio, AEROJO Drone Productions. Thanks Joe!